Location: Main Events Hall
Time: Friday 11/16 [ 1p - 2:30p ]
What's more fun than chess? COSPLAY CHESS! Come see this great spectacle where cosplayers become knights, rooks, pawns, and bishops in this gigantic game of wits!
Want to join in on cosplay chess and be a chess piece? Fill out the application to the right!
1. All chess pieces must be in cosplay! No Original Cosplay Characters please.
2. Because of the nature of the board, overly huge cosplays will not be permitted. Each cosplay must fit within a 3'x3' space.
3. Check-in for cosplay chess begins 30 minutes before the event begins (12:30pmam) and ends 10 minutes before the event begins. Chess pieces who do not arrive for check-in will lose their spot.
4. Players may not physically touch any other cosplayers or their props during the event without the express consent of the other cosplayer.
5. Incomplete entries will not be accepted (You have to sign up with Cosplay that you will be wearing on the day of the event).
6. Cosplays from other media forms (examples: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Homestuck) can and will be accepted.
7. The Cosplay has to be a recognizable character. I cannot accept ‘My Cosplay is the lovechild of X and Y from XYZ series’ because that character does not exist in the canon of the show. Cosplays that are mashups (for example, Pikachu version of Darth Vader) can be accepted on a case by case basis.
8. Pieces will be selected and notified by email after 12 PM on 11/15. Application cutoff is on 11/14 at midnight.
9. If you are early, you are on time. If you are on time, you are late. If you are late, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE ON THE BOARD. Late pieces will not be placed on the board. Be sure to show up early (a half hour before the event begins) to be able to take your place on the board.
10. Keep in contact! This is essentially a 32 person skit, so check your e-mails regularly!
Is it OK if my Cosplay is not completed yet?
Yes, it’s OK if you have not completed your Cosplay. Please periodically send progress shots to me so I can get an idea of how your Cosplay is coming together.
Can I be a knight/bishop?
I do take your requests seriously, but unfortunately I have 32 pieces to pick, and half of those are pawns. Please do not take it personal if you don’t get the piece you want. It is not a personal vendetta or anything like that. In fact, pawns can be a major part of the game.
I might be late for the event, is this OK?
No. If you are early, you are on time. If you are on time, you are late. If you are late, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE ON THE BOARD. You have to be on the board ON TIME. The game will start the game promptly by the time listed on the program.
When are you picking Pieces?
November 14, 2017 at Midnight is the last day applications are being accepted; Pieces will be selected on the morning of November 15 and all applicants will be emailed after that.
When is the last day I can submit my application?
November 16, 2017 at Midnight is the last day applications are being accepted. Any applications submitted after that point will automatically be alternates.
What is an alternate?
Since we are expecting more than 32 applicants, any ‘leftover applicants’ will be enlisted to be Alternates to take the place of a piece that is late, missing or sick the day of the game.