Panel Submission Close: August 15, 2019 ( or when declared full )
Schedule Change Request Cut off: August 18, 2019
Panelist Change Request cut off: September 1, 2019
Each panel will be required to have a panel leader or "Lead Panelist". The lead panelist will be the main contact for the panel and is required to provide information to the Sabakon staff about their panel. The Lead Panelist is the only party that can make changes to the panel's information including the panel name, adding or removing panelists, schedule changes, etc. Sabakon staff will only contact the Lead Panelist regarding a panel's status, thus it is up to the Lead Panelist to relay any pertinent information to the other panel participants.
1. All panel applications will be reviewed before the panel is included in the Sabakon convention program guide.
2. Panelists MUST specify any requested equipment that we supply at the time of the panel application submission. Panelists are required to provide all additional needed equipment. You will be notified of what equipment you are approved for, if any.
3. Sabakon does not provide the following: computers/laptops/tablets, an internet connection, pens, markers, pencils, paper, or any other general office supplies.
4. Panelists who wish to conduct a Japanese language or educational panel must be proficient in the language. Panelists who are interested in hosting this type of panel may be asked to interview to show their proficiency.
5. To avoid scheduling difficulties, a Lead Panelist will only be allowed to lead a maximum of 2 panels.
6. Panel members may only be changed prior to September 1, 2019. Changes must be submitted by the panel leader. After the September 1, 2019 deadline, all Panels will be locked to the Panelists that are registered for it.
7. Panelists may not charge any of their audience money for viewing the panel. Panelists are also not allowed to sell anything during their panel.
8. Panelists may not give out any non-alcoholic, prepackaged food during their panel. Food is prohibited in the convention space unless purchased from the venue.
1. Handicapped attendees are given early entry and/or seating, and are allowed to bring up to three companions. Panelists must be aware that people using wheelchairs or scooters will be requested to park in front of the first row.
2. Panelists must yield to Panel Programming Staff and Management decisions. Any violation of this may result in panels being cancelled and the offending panelist(s) being prohibited from applying to participate in future Sabakon conventions. This includes following direction given by staff, and conduct with staff. Belligerent and/or rude encounters will be subject to disciplinary action.
3. Panelists must begin their panel within 10 minutes of the start time.
1. Panelists are expected to behave in a professional manner while conducting panels at the convention.
2. Panelists may not consume alcohol just before or while conducting a panel.
3. Panelists may not offer food and/or drink to attendees while conducting a panel with the exception of prepackaged, non-alcoholic food.
4. Behavior deemed inappropriate during panels where legal minors (defined as those under 18 years of age) may attend could result in the termination of a panel in progress and/or the cancellation of a panel group’s scheduled panel(s).
5. 18+ panels – Government-issued IDs will be checked at the door. We do not accept any other form of ID. No panelist participating in this panel may be below the age of 18.
6. Panelists may not present materials that violate copyright or other intellectual property rights within the United States. Reasonable Fair Use exceptions may apply.
Panel Program Layout
All panels are a minimum of 1 hour long. Time will increase in intervals of 30 minutes. Panelists should consider the time it takes to set up and/or break down their panel (5-20 minutes) when requesting their time slot as additional time over what is requested will not be provided for this.
1. Panelists MUST begin to end their panels within 10 minutes before the scheduled ending time to allow time for clean-up.
2. Panels that begin late will not be given an extension on time. They will be expected to end as scheduled.
3. Panels that begin more than 10 minutes late due to the late arrival of the panelists will be canceled.
4. Sabakon retains the right to reschedule a panel to a different time or room at any time for any reason. The Panel Leader will be notified if any changes are made to their panel.
Any panel that is identified as being inclusive of adult material, or may be viewed as inappropriate for minors, will be marked as 18+. All panelists for 18+ panels must be 18 years of age or older on the day of the panel.
Content that constitutes an 18+ panel include but are not limited to:
Nudity/Nude or Partially Nude photos or videos
Attendees for 18+ panels are REQUIRED to present a government-issued ID as proof of their age eligibility to attend the panel.
Panelists who apply to host a panel at Sabakon must agree to the terms and conditions mentioned above.