Pokemon DS Tournament
Planning on bringing your DS to the convention? Why not enter our Pokemon DS Tournament? Players will battle it out to see who is the Pokemon Trainer Master at Sabakon 2017. See if your team can bring you all the way to the top,. It won't be a tournament you'll soon forget. This Tournament will be held over two days consisting of two parts. Day one Saturday begins at 12pm and Day 2 Sunday begins 12pm. Different Rules apply for the two days.
1. Players must own Sun and Moon Pokémon games.
2. Players must be a Sabakon attendee for both Saturday and Sunday.
3. There are no age requirements.
4. Players may use any system in the Nintendo DS™ family during the competition. This includes the Nintendo 2DS XL, Nintendo 3DS™, and the Nintendo 3DS XL™. Players are responsible for bringing a charger that is compatible with their system.
1. Registration begins on November 18th at 12pm inside the game room.
2. Please report to the Pokémon center, located in the game room, to register.
3. Players must be attendees at Sabakon.
4. There are no entry fees.
5. Trainers will be given a Player’s Card at the start of registration.
1. Only legitimate versions of Sun and Moon can be used in the tournament. Players must also use a North American Game Card.
2. Players may use any 3Ds system to participate in the tournament (3DS, 2DS, 3DS XL)
3. All Pokemon are legal to use for Day 1 | Day 2 Smogon game play only.
4. Glitched/hacked pokemon are also banned from the tournament.
5. Day 1 All battles will be team based battles 2vs2 | All battles will be single-battles on Day 2.
6. Participants who are more than 5 minutes late to your match's start time, you will have to forfeit the tournament.
7. Before the tournament, all players must set up their Battle Box, including all Pokémon and held items they intend to use. This Battle Box will then be "locked" by a member of the tournament staff. After the Battle Box has been locked, players are not allowed to change their Pokémon or items at any time during a tournament.
8. If one player’s game system is stuck in an unfixable frozen game state and it can be determined which player’s Game Card or system is responsible for the frozen state, the player whose game system is frozen will receive a game loss.
To Be Determined
A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number.
Each Pokémon on a player’s team can hold an item, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item. ·
A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same nickname. ·
A player’s team cannot contain a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon (for example, an Unfezant named “Pidove”). ·
Pokémon may only use moves that have been learned through one of the following methods: By leveling up or By TM or HM or As an Egg Move, through breeding or From a character in the game or A move already known by a Pokémon received at an official Pokémon event or promotion